Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sick Josh...

So, Thursday morning I woke up at 3am with a headache! Yuck.... I took some Advil and headed back to bed. I got up at 5:30am and I could tell that I was coming down with something but I had a face to face with my management team at work and I needed to be there. So I took my Claratin D and I headed off to our plant in Ocotillo (about a 45 minute drive) for the face to face meeting. I got to the plant and bout a rockstar energy drink and some hot food for breakfast hoping that it would help me feel better. I held out until about 1pm when things started to get worse as the Advil and Claratin started wearing off. By 4pm I could feel a fever coming on and I had to leave so I tried to bow out gracefully. I jumped into the Murano and headed home... the Murano was probably 100 degrees inside but it felt great because by this time I was having bad cold chills! That lasted through the night and into the next day (Friday) with alternating hot and cold feverish yuckyness! I slept from 5pm Thursday night till 7:30 and then took some NyQuil and slept from 9pm till about 1pm on Friday. I was then up for a few hours and then back to sleep again until 5 or 6pm! I couldn't believe how tired and sore I was! I passed out again on Friday night about midnight with the aid of some more NyQuil and woke up this morning around 11am. A few naps here and there today and I'm finally feeling a bit better. We made the Trek to Costco and got some dinner out tonight so I'm feeling a bit better. Tomorrow is Easter and we have big plans all day apparently so hopefully I'm feeling better.

Luckily Leann and Ethan have not fallen victim to this flu that I've had (Although, if you were looking for a poop status update.... Ethan had tonight what I can only describe as bright green cottage cheese poop.... so he may actually be sick as well :)). Leann has been taking great care of me and Ethan by herself for the last two days and I don't know what I would do with out her! Little Ethan has been doing great these last few weeks... He's been sleeping a bit less because he's really started to Teethe (if that's how you spell it)... and that's been taking its toll on mom. He's sitting up pretty well on his own now as you can see from these photos. He's also gotten pretty good at grabbing things with his hands. He's all smiles lately as well. The Ladies at day care as well as a few family members and friends have been encouraging us to take him to a talent agency and get him in some commercials or print work because of his smiley attitude and cute face! We'll see how that pans out.
It has been so long since our last good post because we've been pretty busy! I've been super involved with the block watch, the HOA, and now I'm a core member of the village association of HOA's as well! On top of all that we've been trying to get in some quality time with Ethan, also Leann's brother Zach has been living with us for the last month trying to get grounded and transition from being a highschool student into the work force and getting into a community college. Leann and her sister Cori have been working with him to help get him his drivers license, and his GED. We've also been trying to spend some quality time hanging out with him as well! Additionally this month was, apparently, our annual spend money on the dogs month. Last weekend saw us spend about $500 bucks on Rajah because of a limp, and some prework to make sure she is okay to have a gum and teeth cleaning under anestheia. Not only that but it was time for Zeus's annual heart monitor session and that cost big bucks... much more than we normally pay because it's a new docotor and new technology... that cost about $800 bucks! Pretty crazy! They are totally worth it.... but it takes the wind out of you a bit. We will be keeping busy moving forward as well... I've got trips to Chicago, Portland, and San Diego planned. Additionally we are headed off to Michigan for Marcy's wedding in July! That will be are big vacation and we are pretty excited because it's been a long time since we've taken a nice long vacation to relax and visit with family. Additionally it will be the first time that lots of our family gets to see Ethan!
Anywho, that's the skinny for now.






No comments: