Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Potty Training

Ethan has been doing a great job with potty training! Yesterday he
got a Valentine sucker at school for going on the potty all day. He
was so excited to eat it too!

I have to say the investment in the "froggy" potty and the Elmo video
were well worth it. I am sure that seeing the other kids go potty at
school and the reward candy afterward helps too.

I can tell that going on the potty is really sinking in. Last night
when we were in the store he told me "pee pee in the potty" and I
tried to rush as quickly as I could to the bathroom. He held it until
we got there and I was a little surprised he actually went considering
he said "I don't like it" about sitting on the large toilet seat. He
did enjoy flushing it several times though.

I was also impressed later when we got home. I was putting some frozen
food in the garage freezer and I shouted to Ethan that if he needed to
go potty before bed, now was the time. When I came back in he was on
the potty and went without me having to help him. He is becoming such
a big boy!

No comments: