Sunday, August 3, 2008

Long week, and weekend!

So, it's been a long 7 days for the Cork family.  We're just now starting to feel better.  Leann is getting back into health, as am I, and the munchkin too! Ethan has been a bit feverish and drooly the last couple of nights so we think he is teething and getting in his top chompers.  He finally stopped having his super runny nose today and he and I made a trip to CostCo together and gave mom a chance to get some much needed rest.  All in all we had a good weekend that was rooted in rest and getting healthy.  Many a naps were taken and Ethan got to sleep in our bed because he wasn't feeling well. Not a lot of pictures lately because we haven't been feeling well.  We are excited to get into this next week and away from being so sick!  Leann and I both signed up for our new Stickk.com challenge... mine is around exercise and eating right and Leann's is around losing weight.  We actually started last week... thank goodness for that "if we are sick" clause or else we'd be out some money :) 

I also resigned from my position on the Laveen Association of HOAs this week... after talking to family and friends and my doctor I decided I needed to drop some stuff from my plate and started with those duties as they made the most sense.  I also got some encouragement from my boss at work that I was doing well there which helps to alleviate the stress.   I'm going to try to start making more time for Exercise and a healthy lifestyle that we started ~15 weeks ago with our last Stickk.com challenge.  Last time Leann and I both lost about 20 pounds each and we are hoping to do that again over the next 8 - 12 weeks!  My plan right now is to add swimming to my weekly routine and to really focus on not cheating on the diet.  I've also decided to try to regulate my schedule a bit more with a daily wake up time regardless of if I'm doing weight lifting or cardio (in the past I've woke up later on cardio days because it takes less time).  I'm also hoping to start a big new project... I've purchased a domain name that I'd like to start a health and fitness community under.  The domain is www.iUpgrade.me but there really isn't anything there right now but I'm hoping to build a community website around health and fitness and allow people to focus on the social aspects of getting health and fit as well.  We'll see how that goes... just one more project in the cooker! :)  Anywho, this is turning into a long post so I'll leave it at that.  Catch up with you next time!

superbaby!

1 comment:

Jared and Lisa said...

Jared and I would love to catch up and support both of you in your endevors to get healthy... we are planning the same. I can't do a whole lot until the baby comes, but that will be comming right up. We've got some pretty hefty goals, so we'll have to check your new domain out. Good luck with it!