Thursday, November 1, 2007

Zeus is AWESOME!!!!!


So I'm just coming back to bed after I was startled awake by Zeus' booming bark from outside our room (recently he's been sneaking out and onto the couch in the middle of the night... We don’t let our
dogs up on the couch). I jumped up and ran out to the front door where Zeus was barking to find we had left the shades drawn
completely... we usually pull them up six inches so the dogs can see anything that is going on outside. Crap I think... Then I notice a teenage girl walking west down the street and I thought that Zeus just heard her on her cell phone walking outside or something. I was about to close the shades when the girl starts sprinting the opposite direction from what she was just walking and I notice that there is a teenage boy sprinting after her. Well being the hero that I am (that's for you mom wink, wink) I quickly open the door to give chase
and help the girl. By the time I get outside I see that there are now 2 other teens (for a total of 4... For those of you keeping score at home) that are also sprinting.... To a crappy old ted Honda sitting on the curb. At this point all 4 teens pile in and the car takes off with these four giggling teens in it. That left me wishing I had put on my glasses as I left our room... As well as wondering what kind of damage they did across the street. I walk out to our driveway and
look around and am about to come in when I'm startled by a raspy woman's voice coming from be house kitty corner to us (they have 10 kids) proclaiming "dumb asses" and then slamming the door. At this point in time I walk back I side, lock the door , pat Zeus and rajah on the head, and head for bed. Just as I'm about to close my bedroom door I hear Zeus hop (very nonchalantly I might add) up onto the couch... I figure he has earned his keep and he knows it... So I grin and close my door ad crawl into bed.

No comments: