Sunday, November 18, 2007

Holy Crap, I'm a father….

So I just woke up from the scariest most weirdest nightmare I've ever had… and it jolted me into the realization that I'm now a daddy! I had this dream that I was back in high school. It was the first day and the school was totally different and new. I lost my class schedule only 5 minutes before I was supposed to be at a very important class. On my way out the door, to go to my car find my schedule, I passed one of my good friends from high school (Jeff Sank). When I walked by him he asked me if I wanted him to watch the baby for me. In my haste to get out to my car and get my schedule I didn't think about what he said… until I was half way out to the car. It was then that it hit me… where is my baby, where is Ethan at? Good lord I thought… I'm so confused why am I in high school and where is my child! I turned back around and ran inside to re-trace my steps and find my son but I didn't know where to start. I was also very concerned about finding where I was supposed to be for class. I ran into one of the ladies that prints the schedules but she told me she couldn't print it with out an ID… but I couldn't find my ID either. I decided I needed to run back to my car as perhaps I left both the baby and my schedule back at my car. On my way I ran into a couple of the guys from the football team and told them that I would see them in practice that night. I also ran past a class and saw Jeff again. He was waiting in line to get into class (apparently it was very full :) ). He told me that I was in this class with him and I asked him to save me a spot while I ran out to my car to "grab something". On my way out to the car I really started breaking down… dear god I was a terrible father, I lost my child and didn't even realize it! Then it hit me that I had to call Leann and tell her what I had done, and the dread really hit me. I started to cry as I desperately tried to find my car. I was so confused though…. I didn't know where I parked and I didn't even really know what kind of car I drove!

Then, as dreams do, there was some sort of weird transition and I was back in the building and Leann was there. We retraced my steps (with her help of course) and as it turns out they were filming Bob Barker on the price is right at my school (what are the chances!). Now in actuality I have never watched this show in earnest. I know what the show is about, and I've seen bits and pieces of it… but I've never sat down to watch a whole show… so I'm not sure if this next part is accurate. Apparently in this version of the price is right you play as partners. The partners can be of any age as long as the average age between them is greater than 15. Realizing this, I apparently put him on the show (one can only assume as a baby sitter) and partnered him up with an elderly lady (so as not to break the rules I'm sure) and she was to act as his baby sitter. What a great plan I had come up with! Except I forgot where I put little Ethan, and after the show they put him in a box like a little doll and put him in a drawer for whenever I showed up to pick him up… and I was deemed a failure as a parent! Luckily, my gum-shoe wife was able to help me figure all this out and we got little Ethan back safe and sound.

I woke up from this dream completely disoriented. I had laid down with Leann for a nap at around 3pm… but when I woke up it was just starting to get dark… Neither Ethan nor Leann were in the room and I was having trouble remembering what day it was and whether it was morning or night. Wow… this little boy really wares me out!
Anywho, until next time!
JLC

No comments: